Bocking Theatre Club are thrilled to have been recognised for their hard work with their February panto of Ali Baba and the Forty Thieves. The North Essex Theatre Guild have announced this years’ nominations for the Showcase Festival 2018-2019, naming the club a whopping 8 times. 33 productions were adjudicated this season, and the deserving nominees attended an awards ceremony at the Princes Theatre in Clacton.
Nominations for Bocking Theatre Club were:
– King Costume Award
– Adjudicator’s Award – John Hughes and Alexandra Lee for their comedy playing in Ali Baba and the Forty Thieves
– Best Young Actor (21 and under) – Jack Gunn as Fab Rick
– Best Dame – John Ellson as Mum Baba
– Best Actor – Gareth Jordan-Burrows as Cassim
– Best Actress – Mystie Powell as Ali Baba
– Eric Dyster Cup for Best Pantomime/Children’s Play
– Jimmy James Memorial Award for Direction
The production, directed by Margaret Surrey, was a hit with local audiences, and is another success story for the club who have scooped awards for their pantos in previous years.
Whilst not lucky enough to win any awards this year, it is an honour to be nominated amongst so many other talented theatre groups. Well done to all the winners!